Thanks to Jessica, for taking the initiative to get this blog going.My name is Cassie Smith. I am married to Joshua Smith. My sons are James (4) and Morgan (19 months). Our family has lived all over in the few years that we've been together. We currently call Eugene, Oregon our home.
I'm excited to be a part of this fitness challenge. I found that I had a desire to exercise and be physically fit, yet lacked the motivation. I came to realize that I really just needed a buddy (or two or three...) to help encourage me; someone I could report to.
In anticipation for this fitness challenge, I set some goals about two weeks ago. I based my goals off of Luke 2:52, which says, "And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man." This scripture talks about four areas of growth for the Savior: intellectual, physical, spiritual, and social. My daily goals are as follows:
Intellectual: 30 minutes of reading/music practice
Physical: 30 minutes of exercise
Spiritual: 30 minutes of spiritual nourishment, some of which must be reading the scriptures
Social: 30 minutes of face-to-face/phone/Skype conversation, and less than 10 minutes on Facebook.
Good luck to everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment