Daily Points (5 daily points available each day)
1 Family goal
1 Spiritual goal
1 Physical goal
1 Personal goal
1 Any other goal

Weekly Points (3 weekly points available each week)
1 Point for posting your progress
1 Weekly goal of your choice
1 Weekly goal of your choice

These could be anything, but here are a few examples: exercise 4 times per week, eat sweets only twice a week, memorize a scripture every week, share your beliefs with someone else each week, take a child out on a one-on-one date each week, etc.

Monthly Points (2 monthly points available each month- to be added on the last day of each month)
1 Monthly goal of your choice
1 Monthly goal of your choice

These could be anything, but here are a few examples: visit all the sisters on my VT route, attend the temple, connect with a certain family member, read a book, etc.

Each week we will each post our points for the previous week and state if there have been any changes to our goals.

To join us let me (Jessica F) know you are interested and I will allow you to post on the site. We will begin this challenge on Monday, January 30th. (no monthly point for January, though)

Before we start everyone will need to post her intended goals and maybe an introduction about yourself.

Rewards
Friday, March 9th 100 point game night (First one to 150 get to choose the first game we play) Everyone who has 150 points by this day will be invited to attend.


Friday, April 27th 250 point Party (First one to 250 gets to choose what we are going to do)

Friday, June 8th 450 point Celebration (First one to 450 gets a free massage- the rest of us chip in to pay for. Second one to 450 gets to choose the activity.)

You may want to keep daily track of your points so that you can post on the day you reach 100, 250, and 450 if you want to be the first one there!

Monday, October 24, 2011

Cassie's first week (70 points)

Holy fruits and vegetables! I was eating next to zero fruits and veggies before we started this thing. I wasn't always able to get my points for eating 3 and 4 servings of each per day, but I did at least get 2 servings of each per day. I'm amazed at how different I feel already. I felt a cold coming on early last week, but I think because I was eating so much produce it kept it from becoming full blown like it has in the past.

Water wasn't really a problem for me. I recently started making an effort to drink a full glass of water before every meal (to keep me from overeating). Then I'd usually drink another during the meal. At the end of the day I have another glass with my pills. I rarely drink soda anyway, so that isn't really an issue for me.

I decided that my meal plan was to get the fruit and vegetable servings, limit snacking, allow one dessert day per week, and have more variety in breakfast foods (less cereal).

I'm already in the habit of going to bed by 10. Exercise has been walking for about 30 minutes everyday, with one rest day (Sunday).

As far as my personal goal goes. I did pretty well, but even when I fell short, I didn't beat myself up about it because I feel like my life is still good. You have to be flexible when you have a family to take care of, so I decided to modify my goals a little:

Increase in wisdom: read or play flute or piano every day (no specified time)
Increase in stature: >30 minutes of exercise/day with at least one day doing my workout video
Increase in favour with God: study scriptures with Preach My Gospel or other church manual
Increase in favour with man: 2 hours/week face-to-face or phone conversations with friends/family, <10 minutes on Facebook/day, and 30 minutes of dedicated play time with each child

So here's how I did for the past week. I just found some loose sheets of notebook paper to record everything on and kept it in the kitchen. I also weighed myself and took a before picture. (You can only see it if I have a good after picture.)

Monday: 9
Tuesday: 8
Wednesday: 11
Thursday: 10
Friday: 9
Saturday: 8
Sunday: 7

Extra points:
Mommy time: 1
No eating out: 1
Intro post: 3
This post: 3

Total: 70 points

No comments:

Post a Comment